Work with us.
Join an exciting and expanding team that helps drive economic success in rural Manitoba.
RMED is building a team of economic developers, policy analysts, and communication professionals that value innovative thinking, fast-paced environments, and distinct voices.
We’re looking for people with passion, that are motivated by:
Opportunities to help communities grow from within, and become investment-ready.
Empowering rural regions.
Advocating for economic growth.
Be part of creating this dynamic new organization that is committed to teamwork, diverse thinking, and bold collaboration.
A team that likes to have fun.
We should talk.
Marketing and Communications Specialist Brandon, MB
- Develop communications strategies, and collaborate with staff on content for RMED’s website, social media platforms, print materials, video, audio, live and recorded events.
- Provide oversite to RMED’s brand and voice by providing graphic design and final editing to documents such as presentations, policy documents, speeches, submitted articles, etc.
- Remain up to date on emerging trends in the sector to respond accordingly.
- Desktop publishing, short (less than 10 minute) video and audio editing, photo editing.
- Organizing industry events such as mixers, round tables, tours, missions, etc.
- Copy writing in collaboration with subject matter experts for content.
- Make recommendations related to software products and tools.
- In cooperation with other staff, develop visual means (graphs, charts, infographics) to represent information in communications.
- Balance multiple deadlines and prioritize the daily workload and work schedule.
Economic Development Officer Manitoba
- Develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to advance project goals.
- Identify opportunities, create strategic plans, and build consensus for regional economic strategies.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of economic development approaches, programs, and services and provide regions, communities, and other stakeholders assistance in assessing appropriateness of programming and accessing appropriate ones.
- Consult with industry organizations to gain and share information concerning their growth, competitiveness strategies, etc.
- Lead and participate in the planning and development of program and alternatives
- Provide recommendations on the efficiency of various proposed and existing policies, programs, and services as well as examining potential alternatives.
- Develop and review reports, technical papers, feasibility studies, strategies etc.
Policy Analyst Brandon, MB
- Liaise effectively with government(s), economic development agencies, and industry.
- Identify information and data requirements and recommend appropriate actions.
- Conduct primary research or manage contracts with research partners/vendors.
- Analyze, manipulate, and develop statistical data.
- Incorporate scientific, program, policy, economic and political perspectives into analysis.
- Prepare reports and undertake special projects including projects that support communities and regions data analysis needs.
- Support the project and program proposals and reporting through analysis that illustrates the needs that will be addressed and the ongoing results.
- Maintain documentation on RMED data management policies and practices, standardized formatting, and job aids.
- Maintain a schedule of publication dates, sources, and formats.
- Make recommendations related to statistical software products and tools.
- Serves as the steward of the corporation’s market data and corporations’ authority on economic development statistics.