Work with us.
Economic Development Officer Manitoba
- Develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to advance project goals.
- Identify opportunities, create strategic plans, and build consensus for regional economic strategies.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of economic development approaches, programs, and services and provide regions, communities, and other stakeholders assistance in assessing appropriateness of programming and accessing appropriate ones.
- Consult with industry organizations to gain and share information concerning their growth, competitiveness strategies, etc.
- Lead and participate in the planning and development of program and alternatives.
- Provide recommendations on the efficiency of various proposed and existing policies, programs, and services as well as examining potential alternatives.
- Develop and review reports, technical papers, feasibility studies, strategies etc.
You and Your Experience:
- Minimum of 7-10 years of economic development or site selection experience with industry or government.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (Masters preferred) related to economics, strategic planning, rural development, and/or public policy development.
- Specialization in economics, business administration, commerce, infrastructure, logistics, or workforce and human capital development.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to communicate complex issues concisely.
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple complex projects.
- Considered a provincial specialist with a focus on one or more economic development pillars.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office 365.
- Proficiency with MS Teams and SharePoint as asset.
- Ability to travel within the province with a valid class 5 driver’s license.